The TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) provides comprehensive dental benefits for active duty uniformed service family members and National Guard/Reserve members and their families. Benefits include:
- $1,800 Annual Benefit Maximum*
- $1,750 Orthodontic Lifetime Maximum
- Orthodontic payments are made on a monthly basis throughout the course of treatment
- $1,200 Dental Accident Coverage
The following chart provides an overview of the TDP covered services and their respective cost-shares. The TDP benefits are the same for the CONUS service area as they are for the OCONUS service area.
Please note: The TDP provides selected services including endodontic, periodontic, and oral surgery at a reduced cost-share for members who are grades E-1 to E-4. For more detailed information about the TDP covered services, see the TDP Dental Reference Guide.
|Covered Services||CONUS Service Area||OCONUS Service Area|
|Pay Grades||Pay Grades|
E-1 - E-4
E-5 and above
|Emergency Services ||0%||0%||0%|
|Consultation/Office Visit ||20%||20%||0%|
|Basic Restorative ||20%||20%||0%|
|Miscellaneous Services (occlusal guard, athletic mouth guard)||50%||50%||0%|
|Other Restorative ||50%||50%||50%|
- OCONUS cost shares only apply to command-sponsored enrollees receiving care in OCONUS service areas. These cost shares do not apply Selected Reserve (Sel Res) and Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) family members and IRR (other than special mobilization category) members. Beneficiaries in this category and/or non-command sponsored members are subject to CONUS cost-share arrangements as noted in the middle two columns above.
- Space maintainers for posterior teeth for patients under age 19 are fully covered.
- Orthodontic treatment is covered for the following enrolled family members:
- Children up to age 21 or 23, based on student status
- Spouses up to age 23
- National Guard/Reserve sponsors up to age 23
United Concordia recognizes and appreciates the important role that you - our partnering dentists - play in helping members understand their benefits. To this end, several information sources are available to you. A complete listing of program policies and procedures is included in your updated TDP Dental Reference Guide. Additional updates and information will be communicated to you in future editions of the Connection, as well as the web site.
THE TDP INCLUDES TDP WELLNESS PROGRAM
Improved benefits for people with certain chronic medical conditions and gum disease
Patients enrolled in the TDP who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness and periodontitis (gum disease) are eligible for improved dental benefits through TDP Wellness Program. Getting the proper treatment and maintenance for gum disease will have a positive effect on their overall wellness as scientists continue to uncover connections between certain chronic conditions and gum disease.
TDP Wellness Program is for people with the following chronic medical conditions:
- Cerebral Vascular Disease (stroke)
- Coronary Artery Disease (heart)
- Oral Cancer
- Organ Transplant
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pregnancy (additional, third cleaning in a consecutive 12-month period, only)
Patients can register to use TDP Wellness Program any time after their TDP effective date. Here’s how:
- Visit uccitdp.com
- Sign into My Account (or create an account)
- Click Manage My Oral Health
- Add your medical condition
With TDP Wellness Program patients get full coverage for periodontal services, including surgical procedures, to remove the financial obstacles to total oral care.
|Periodontal maintenance – an additional service per year||100%*|
|Scaling and root planing||100%*|
|Periodontal surgery – four procedures**||100%*|
* Standard frequency limitations apply
** Four procedures related to gingival flap or osseous surgeries
The program also includes email outreach designed to educate and encourage you to stay on track with your oral care to better manage your condition. You can request to receive regular monthly emails full of tips to keep you aware of the importance of oral health.