About United Concordia
Dental insurance is what we do. Patient health is what we’re all about.
Forty years ago, we made it our mission to offer flexible, affordable dental insurance plans and great customer service to help patients, and their families, stay healthy. Our diverse team of employees adheres to the highest standards of professionalism, ensuring accountability to our customers. At the same time, United Concordia aspires to earn trust and confidence in our ethics by communicating openly and directly while preserving confidentiality.
Providing quality dental coverage is only a part of our story. We believe that better quality of life starts with superior oral health. In fact, studies have already proven that a healthy mouth is a healthy body. Now we’re sponsoring industry-leading research to discover more about this life-changing link between oral health and overall wellness.
These discoveries help us create products that maximize benefits and lower dental care costs for more than 7.5 million United Concordia members nationwide.
We’re also making a difference in the communities where we live and work, providing:
- Free dental services to more than 8,000 at-risk U.S. adults and children each year
- Scholarships for women and minority dental students
- Thousands of dollars to support the National Military Family Association
Great health. Exceptional service. Social responsibility. Values you care about. Values we share.
Here’s to the next 40 years of helping families and communities lead a healthier life.
At United Concordia, we commit to these values and cultural behaviors:
- People Matter
- Every person contributes to our success. We strive for an inclusive culture, regarding people as professionals and respecting individual differences while focusing on the collective whole.
- Working to improve the health of the communities we serve and wisely managing the assets that have been entrusted to our care.
- Earning trust by delivering on our commitments and leading by example.
- Committing to the highest standards encompassing every aspect of our behavior including high moral character, respect, honesty and personal responsibility.
- Customer-focused Collaboration
- Because no one person has all the answers, we actively seek to collaborate with each other to achieve the right outcomes for our customers.
- Empowering each other to act in a principled manner and to take appropriate risks to do what is right to fulfill our mission.
- Committing to continuous learning and exploring new, better and creative ways to achieve our vision.
- Being accountable for consistently exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
- Cultural Behaviors
- Enabled Decision Making - Employees are in the driver's seat when it comes to their jobs. We want our employees to have the resources and confidence to make timely and objective data-driven decisions that will benefit our company. Everyone should be willing to take calculated risks and learn from any mistakes.
- Accountability & Results - Each of our employees at United Concordia Dental holds a certain level of responsibility. They should be accountable for all aspects of their job by managing competing priorities and delivering positive results that align with business needs.
- Innovation & Inclusion - When it comes to new ideas and solutions about our business, we want our employees to think outside the box. In fact, there is no box. Innovation is key to our growth. Additionally, we must share information and work together across departments, while showing respect and value towards different perspectives and approaches.
National Dental Advisory Council (NDAC)
As part of our corporate commitment to partner with our network dentists, United Concordia created our National Dental Advisory Council (NDAC) in 2003. The NDAC is comprised of eleven dentists from across the country who provide an independent professional perspective on items associated with the dental community. This includes advising United Concordia’s President and senior management of the NDAC’s feedback regarding dental policies and procedures in light of current trends in dental practice, benefits populations and employers.
All NDAC decisions are advisory and take into account our overall corporate mission, vision and values. The NDAC’s mission is to provide professional guidance and advice on a variety of industry topics. The Council also addresses practicing dentists’ perspectives on emerging dental technologies and the role of insurance in the dental industry.
Members of United Concordia’s NDAC are:
- • Craig Abramowitz, DDSParamus, New Jersey
- • R. (Robert) Thomas Bayley, III, DDSWest Chester, Pennsylvania
- • Andrew Brown, DMDScranton, Pennsylvania
- • Gregory Chadwick, DDS, MSGreenville, North Carolina
- • Barry Deirmenjian, DDSPanorama City, California
- • Martin E. Eichner, DDSPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- • Ayeez A. Lalji, DDSSugar Land, Texas
- • Adriana Modesto Vieira, DDS, DMD, PhDPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- • Jennifer Graves-Nagel, DDSThousand Oaks, California
- • Bruce Parker, DMDPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- • Anthony Warren, DDSAlamogordo, New Mexico
Members of United Concordia’s NDAC are:
- • F.G. “Chip” MerkelPresident, Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of the Board
- • James B. Bramson, DDSChief Dental Officer
- • James C. ShadeSenior Vice President, Professional Affairs & Dental Networks Operations
- • Kristen S. SmithDirector, Provider Network Operations